The conversation around loot boxes is heating up again, with EA at the center. Also: Explaining the TriplePoint Video Game Stock Index, Sony and Microsoft earnings, and the GDC State of the Industry report.
You can support Virtual Economy’s growth via our Ko-Fi at Ko-Fi.com/VirtualEconomy.
- [00:01:49] – TriplePoint Video Game Stock Index
- [00:11:10] – Microsoft Q3 FY21 Earnings
- [00:18:26] – Sony Q4 GY20 Earnings
- [00:25:36] – M&A Minute
- [00:34:05] – Quick Hits
- [00:53:52] – GDC State of the Industry Survey 2021
- [01:17:38] – EA under fire again over Ultimate Team loot boxes
NEW WRITING FROM VIRTUAL ECONOMY
- Microsoft Earnings Release FY21 Q3
- Sony FY2020 Earnings Announcement
- GDC 2021 State of the Game Industry Report
- Video game giant EA steering players into loot-box option in popular soccer game, insider says (CBC)
- EA denies it’s “pushing” FIFA players to spend on loot boxes after insider leaks marketing documents (Eurogamer)