In our first episode looking at the impact of the new console launches, we welcome But Why Tho’s Kate Sanchez and Matt Donahue to discuss the intersection of hardware and game pricing and inclusion. We also have news, including Take-Two’s acquisition of Codemasters and a big chat about the Twitch/DMCA mess.
If want to skip right to the launch conversation, jump ahead to 46 minutes.
- Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. Reaches Agreement for Recommended Acquisition of Codemasters Group Holdings PLC: https://ir.take2games.com/news-releases/news-release-details/take-two-interactive-software-inc-reaches-agreement-recommended?field_nir_news_date_value[min]=
- Tommy Tallarico settles copyright dispute with Roblox over ‘oof’ sound (GamesBeat): https://venturebeat.com/2020/11/10/tommy-tallarico-settles-copyright-dispute-with-roblox-over-oof-sound/
- Music-Related Copyright Claims and Twitch (Twitch): https://blog.twitch.tv/en/2020/11/11/music-related-copyright-claims-and-twitch/
- Justin Wong on Twitch’s DMCA history (Twitter): https://twitter.com/JustinWong/status/1326625767808102400?s=20
- Jason Maestas on Twitch Tools (Twitter): https://twitter.com/jasonmaestas/status/1326929197822959617?s=20
- @HCJustinn on a Phasmophobia DMCA strike for whispering (Twitter): https://twitter.com/HCJustinn/status/1326706431215722497?s=20
- FUSER USER GENERATED CONTENT GUIDE (Harmonix): https://support.fuser.com/hc/en-us/articles/360056830754-FUSER-User-Generated-Content-Guide
- Wes Keltner’s videos on DMCA and licensed music (Twitter): https://twitter.com/weskeltner/status/1326006868708372482?s=20
- The GameDev Budgeting Handbook (Michael Futter, Bithell Games): http://GameDevBizBook.com
- Xbox’s Phil Spencer: ‘We’re not driven by how many consoles we sell’ (Guardian): https://www.theguardian.com/games/2020/nov/11/xbox-phil-spencer-interview-microsoft-series-x