In our second big earnings show of the reporting period, we break down what went right at Nintendo, EA, and Take-Two, and what went… not so well at Sega and Square Enix. EA is about to make bank on its EA Play service thanks to its Game Pass partnership, while Take-Two continues to dismiss subscription as a viable piece of gaming’s future.
- Nintendo Full Financial Release: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2020/201105e.pdf
- SegaSammy Consolidated Financial Reports Q2 FY21: https://www.segasammy.co.jp/english/pdf/release/202103_2q_tanshin_20202206_e.pdf
- Square Enix Consolidated Financial Results for the Six-Month Period Ended September 30, 2020: https://www.hd.square-enix.com/eng/ir/news/pdf/21q2earnings.pdf
- EA Financial Results Q2 FY21: https://s22.q4cdn.com/894350492/files/doc_financials/2021/q2/Q2-FY21-Earnings-Release-Final.pdf
- Take-Two Financial Results Q2 FY21: https://ir.take2games.com/news-releases/news-release-details/take-two-interactive-software-inc-reports-strong-results-16?field_nir_news_date_value[min]=
- Zynga IR: https://investor.zynga.com/static-files/3781c001-7e1f-42e8-a3f3-981352462da9