It’s our season finale! GameStop has more than a little red on it, with losses continuing to mount on a crypto deal gone bust. Also: Microsoft makes nice with Nintendo (again) to pressure Sony, layoff continue to plague the industry, Zenimax QA workers on the path to unionization, and a fresh FAFO. Oh… and we have a tiny, little announcement.
You can support Virtual Economy’s growth via our Ko-Fi and also purchase Virtual Economy merchandise!
The views and opinions expressed on this podcast are ours and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of our employer or the organizations with which we work.
- [00:00:30] – Some exciting news!
- [00:05:44] – Gamestop Q3 FY2023 Earnings
- [00:14:20] – NPD U.S. Video Game Spending Report for November 2022
- [00:19:46] – Twitch’s new Shield Mode
- [00:22:51] – Investment Interlude
- [00:49:36] – Quick Hits
- [00:54:19] – Labor Report
- [01:14:26] – Listener Question
- [01:16:01] – FAFO
- GameStop Q3 FY2023 Earnings | GameStop
- GameStop begins layoff | Axios
- Protect Your Channel With Shield Mode | Twitch
- Activision Blizzard QA Workers Call for End to Bug Quotas | ABK Workers Alliance (@ABetterABK) on Twitter
- ‘Diablo IV’ developers work long hours, bracing for impending release | Washington Post
- Activision sues California agency that sued it over misconduct | Axios
- Zenimax QA Workers Will Unionize | ZeniMax Workers United – CWA (@ZenimaxWorkers) on Twitter
- “Massive” layoffs at Wildlife as it drops all non-mobile game projects | Mobilegamer
- Just Cause Studio Employees Call for Change Amid Year-Long Battle Over Controversial Hire | IGN
- DEI at Avalanche Studios Group | Avalanche Studios Group
- Insider trading in FF development? Former Square Enix employees re-arrested | Asahi
- SONY INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT OBSERVATIONS ON THE CMA’S ISSUES STATEMENT | UK Competition and Markets Authority
- MICROSOFT’S RESPONSE TO THE CMA’S ISSUES STATEMENT | UK Competition and Markets Authority
- FTC Seeks to Block Microsoft Corp.’s Acquisition of Activision Blizzard, Inc. | FTC
- Microsoft Didn’t Lie to the EU on ZeniMax Deal Like the FTC Said, According to Sources
- A Letter from CEO Bobby Kotick Regarding Activision Blizzard’s Merger with Microsoft | Activision Blizzard
- Keywords acquires AI-driven player support platform for $75m | GamesIndustry
- STARBREEZE STUDIOS EXPANDS WITH NEW STUDIO AND DEDICATED TEAM IN THE UNITED KINGDOM | Starbreeze
- SPLASH DAMAGE ANNOUNCES TRANSFORMERS: REACTIVATE | Splash Damage
Leave a Reply