EA is facing a Canadian loot box class action suit, Bethesda is accused of conspiring to destroy a competitor’s game, and Twitch is angering streamers with its DMCA policy. What a week! Other topics: Take Two places unskippable ads in NBA 2K21, Ubisoft is going all-in on cross-platform progression right before Amazon Luna’s launch, and Blizzard vets form a new studio to reinvigorate the RTS genre.
- Frost Giant Studios raises $4.7 million for real-time strategy game revival (GamesBeat): https://venturebeat.com/2020/10/20/frost-giant-studios-raises-4-7-million-for-real-time-strategy-game-revival/
- NBA 2K21 inserts unskippable ads into pre-game loading screens (Stevivor): https://stevivor.com/news/nba-2k21-inserts-unskippable-ads-pre-game-loading-screens/
- Discover Ubisoft Connect (Ubisoft Connect): https://ubisoftconnect.com/en-US/
- Safe in Our World / Fanatical Charity Bundle: https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/safe-in-our-world-1-st-anniversary-charity-bundle
- Ragnarok v Human Head (Initial Complaint): http://www.bgrfirm.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Ragnarok_Game_v_Nine_Realms_Complaint.pdf
- Ragnarok v Human Head (Amended Complaint): http://www.bgrfirm.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/2020-10-20-Filed-Summons-on-Second-Amended-Complaint.pdf