NPD number magician Mat Piscatella joins us to discuss the fact that it’s September and we still don’t have Xbox Series X and PS5 console prices. Other topics: Goodbye to Vlambeer, Warner Bros. Interactive won’t be sold, Ubisoft’s latest major mess-up, and Nvidia’s pricing for the 30 Series GPUs.
- Skullgirls Developer Lays Off Everyone Who Hadn’t Already Quit (Kotaku): https://kotaku.com/skullgirls-developer-lays-off-everyone-who-hadnt-alread-1844948877
- Vlambeer announces it is winding down operations (Twitter Thread): https://twitter.com/Vlambeer/status/1300840760296837120
- AT&T to Scrap Sale of Warner Bros. Video-Game Unit (Bloomberg): https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-09-01/at-t-is-said-to-scrap-sale-of-warner-bros-video-game-unit
- Ubisoft facing backlash over new Tom Clancy game’s gross use of Black Power imagery (Mashable): https://mashable.com/article/ubisoft-tom-clancy-elite-squad-raised-black-fist/
- Seattle-based Big Fish Games lays off 250 people — read the memo sent to staff (GeekWire): https://www.geekwire.com/2020/seattle-based-big-fish-games-lays-off-250-people-read-memo-sent-staff/