Microsoft has laid out its philosophy for the coming generation, and it starts with a foundation of inclusivity. As the company gears up for next gen, it has also made changes in its product line that set the stage for new hardware and service offerings. Other topics include a deep dive into the GDC State of the Industry survey and how developers are faring under quarantine, Ubisoft’s overhaul of Skull & Bones, the Atari VCS’ partnership with AirConsole, and Stadia’s continuing struggles.
- Atari VCS(TM) Partners with AirConsole Cloud-Based Gaming Service to Offer Over 150 Original Single-Player Casual and Multiplayer Party Games (Press Release) – https://www.accesswire.com/viewarticle.aspx?id=597250&lang=English
- Ubisoft has rebooted Skull & Bones (VGC): https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/ubisoft-has-rebooted-skull-bones/
- Sekiro, Bomberman battle royale, and more coming to Google Stadia (Polygon): https://www.polygon.com/2020/7/14/21324390/google-stadia-connect-new-games-sekiro-bomberman-battle-royale
- Global Mis-Steps: From acquisition to accusations (GamesIndustry): https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2020-07-10-global-mis-steps-qa-studios-acquisition-produces-accusations-of-ghosted-employees-discrimination
- You Are the Future of Gaming (Xbox Wire): https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/07/16/players-first-you-are-the-future-of-gaming/
- Microsoft discontinues Xbox One X and Xbox One S digital edition ahead of Series X launch (The Verge): https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2020/7/16/21327330/microsoft-xbox-one-x-s-digital-edition-discontinued
- GDC State of the Industry Survey: https://reg.gdconf.com/soti-wfh-2020?kcode=SOTIPR