Activision Blizzard is accused of participating in a cover-up related to the death of one of its employees at a company retreat. Also: An update on video game industry action over Ukraine crisis, Epic purchases Bandcamp, Intellivision in trouble, and more.
Content Warning: We discuss a story that involves self-harm from 00:57:39 to 1:06:59.
Note: We will be on hiatus until Late March / Early April due to an upcoming move. We’ll see you soon!
You can support Virtual Economy’s growth via our Ko-Fi and also purchase Virtual Economy merchandise!
- [00:01:35] – The Video Game Industry Takes Action Over Ukraine Crisis
- [00:11:07] – Amazon Luna Goes Live for Everyone
- [00:17:48] – Investment Interlude
- [00:45:25] – Quick Hits
- [00:52:04] – Labor Update (Please note the Content Warning in the notes above)
- [01:07:00] – Intellivision in Trouble
- [01:11:08] – Unity 2021 in Gaming Report
- Vice Prime Minister of Ukraine asks PlayStation and Xbox to Leave Russian Market | Mykhailo Federov (@FederovMykhailo) on Twitter
- Microsoft suspends new sales in Russia | Microsoft
- Luna Now Available to Everyone in the Mainland US — More Games, New Features, and a Special Offer for Prime Members | Amazon
- Activision Blizzard sued for wrongful death by family of employee who killed herself | Washington Post
- Activision Blizzard Annual Report | SEC
- Bandai Namco Announces Raises for Employees Due to Elden Ring Success | Bandai Namco (via Google Translate)
- Intellivision Crowdinvesting Campaign | StartEngine
- Intellivision Statement on Closing StartEngine Campaign Early | Sam Machkovech (@samred) on Twitter
- 2021 Gaming Report | Unity
- NETFLIX ANNOUNCED PLANS TO ACQUIRE THE FINNISH MOBILE GAME DEVELOPER NEXT GAMES | Next Games
- Offworld Industries Announces Strategic Investment from Tencent | GamesPress
- CI Games Takes Major Step Towards Listing on London Stock Exchange | CI Games
- Sky and Journey maker Thatgamecompany raises $160M | GamesBeat
- The FTC Must Investigate Microsoft’s Acquisition of Activision Blizzard | Public Citizen
Leave a Reply