On this week’s show: Tripwire Interactive CEO tanks his studio’s reputation with a single tweet before showing himself the door, Epic vs Apple is over (and Apple mostly won), Twitch sues hate raiders as it scrambles to do evidence it’s doing anything to stop harassment on its platform, Paradox employees speak out against toxicity, and more.
Update: After we published, Epic filed a notice of appeal after the ruling in its case against Apple. So, despite our earlier show note, it isn’t over yet!
You can support Virtual Economy’s growth via our Ko-Fi and also purchase Virtual Economy merchandise!
- [00:01:08] – Tripwire Interactive’s (former) CEO wants to control women’s bodies
- [00:21:47] – Paradox Interactive employees stand up against a toxicity
- [00:28:39] – Sony’s State of Play was a strong showing, though the format was iffy
- [00:43:27] – Twitch sues alleged hate raider ringleaders
- [00:49:17] – Investment Interlude
- [00:57:39] – Quick Hits
- [01:11:54] – Epic vs. Apple is OVER
- [01:23:08] – Two companies adopt new permanent work policies in the wake of the pandemic
- [01:27:03] – GameStop Q2 FY22 and a potential partnership with… AMC Theatres?
- John Gibson on Twitter – September 4, 2021
- Shipwright Studios on Twitter – September 5, 2021
- Torn Banner Studios on Twitter – September 5, 2021
- Tripwire Appoints new Interim CEO, Alan Wilson
- Alarm from inside the game success Paradox Interactive – leaked document testifies to bullying, abuse and culture of silence (BreakIt)
- Twitch sues two people allegedly behind hate raids (Washington Post)
- Epic vs Apple Rule 52 Order After Trial on the Merits
- Epic vs Apple Judgment
- Epic vs Apple Permanent Injunction
- Phil Tibitoski of Young Horses on Twitter – September 2, 2021
- Gamestop FY2022 Q2 Earnings
- AMC CEO Adam Aron on $25M ad campaign, potential relationship with GameStop (FOX Business)
- Welcoming Firesprite to the PlayStation Studios Family
- Jam City Acquires Award-Winning Game Studio Ludia for $165 Million…
- Virtuos Secures USD150 Million Investment… to Accelerate Global Growth and Fast Track Digitalization
- AccelByte raises $10M to make Tripe A Quality Backend-as-a-Service Accessible and Affordable
- Toya Raises $4M to Fuel Diverse Growth on Roblox
- Stillfront acquires UAE’s Kawaker for $205 million (Wamda)
Leave a Reply