It’s a Megasode! We dive into Activision, Nintendo, and Square Enix earnings, discuss the White House’s executive order targeting Tencent, and dish on the latest news. Next gen is heating up as Sony drops some more details about PS5 and accessory compatibility, Microsoft faces an uphill battle to get xCloud on iOS, and a reader inquires about thorny exclusivity deals.
- Executive Order on Addressing the Threat Posed by WeChat (White House): https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/executive-order-addressing-threat-posed-wechat/
- ACTIVISION BLIZZARD ANNOUNCES RECORD SECOND-QUARTER 2020 FINANCIAL RESULTS (Activision): https://investor.activision.com/news-releases/news-release-details/activision-blizzard-announces-record-second-quarter-2020
- Nintendo Q1 FY 2021 Financial Results (Nintendo IR)
- Square Enix
- PlayStation 5: Answering your questions on compatible PS4 peripherals & accessories (PlayStation Blog): https://blog.playstation.com/2020/08/03/playstation-5-answering-your-questions-on-compatible-ps4-peripherals-accessories/
- Microsoft cuts xCloud iOS testing early as its future on Apple devices remains unclear (Verge): https://www.theverge.com/2020/8/5/21356274/microsoft-xcloud-ios-apple-iphone-ipad-testing-ends-apple-app-store-policies
- When Microsoft’s ambitious ‘Netflix of gaming’ service launches in September, it won’t arrive on Apple devices – here’s why (Business Insider): https://www.businessinsider.com/apple-explains-why-xbox-game-pass-is-not-on-iphone-2020-8